Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Happy Birthday Jazzie!

Today is Jas's birthday and we didn't have much on the agenda.  First it was time for showers, which I have gotten used to, but dread because it takes so much time. Mia is even used to it and now I can't get her out, she ends up screaming at the top of her lungs. Once we were all ready, we set out to meet one of Jas's old friend who also has a daughter the same age as Mia. She is a member of this extremely exclusive club in Delhi, I guess the wait list is 35 years! (Seems like someone has to die before they accept new members!) We had coffe and a light lunch in the coffee shop because children are not allowed in most parts of the club. At first Mia didn't want to play with her daughter,  but luckily I brought playdough and instantly they were making birthday cakes for Jas. Afterwards we took the kids over to the private park and they had a complete blast! Mia was so happy to run, play, swing and jump! Its been almost 3 weeks since she has been able to play at the park, so it was really nice to see her so happy. They do have a lot of parks in India,  but the equipment is old and looks so dirty and unsafe,  so I haven't taken her. The girls had a blast and played for about an hour, then we headed out to a place called Khan Market which is a very clean outdoor shopping market. Things were pricey but we bought a ton of kids books for Mia about India and written by Indian authors.  It was there in the bookstore that I started feeling a little funny and so did Jas and his cousin Ravi. We wanted to walk around more but figured that it was best to grab a limka and head back home.( like Sprite but way better!) That seemed to help so we drove around and stopped back by India gate took some pictures and also saw some of the other government buildings.  (Sorry I didn't take pics on my phone, I was wrestling with Mia in the back seat because she was over tired). Once we were back home I went in the kitchen to make Mia mac and cheese and Jas went to hang out with his uncle. Come to find out his stomach was not feeling good either and Jas thinks it was from that drive up stall we went to.....good thing I didn't eat much!) All of a sudden I heard a crash and Mia screaming! She had climbed up on the kitchen table and was trying to grab my Nikon, lost her balance and fell off the chair with my camera.  She was fine, just got scared but when I picked up the camera I could hear that something had shattered! Once we got Mia calmed down, we took the lense cap off and thankfully only the lens protector shattered.  What a day! We had plans to go for dinner for Jas' birthday but he came down with a stomach bug and a little fever. Instead, we all hung out and had Raman uncles famous home made pizza. Then we spent about 45 minutes trying to figure out what made Jas sick. After much debate, we settled on the fact that it could have been anything when you are in India! But the next morning I figured out that it was the 2 cold coffee's that Jas had when we met his friend for lunch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment